As a fan of vintage clothing, I have sometimes found it overwhelming when searching for brands online. There are so many out there, as the retro look has been popular for many years now. It’s very easy to find basic 1950s retro-inspired and rockabilly clothing. What I prefer myself, however, is to find clothing from particular decades rather than the generic vintage look that is often seen.
My favorite era is the 1930s. It’s characterized by slender silhouettes, uniquely-crafted hats, padded shoulders, and mid-calf skirts and dresses. I’ve found it a bit hard to find what I want. In my search I’ve come across many websites that provide a broader range of options when it comes to eras. So, I want to share them!
Here are my top 5 favorite reproduction brands! Dollar signs indicate general prices.
1. reVamp Vintage ($$$) Wow, do I love this brand! One of my absolute favorites. It is very expensive. However, if you have the money, these items are totally worth it! They’re completelt accurate to their eras (all the way from 1910s-1940s) and they’re made with extreme care. Conscious effort is made to use sewing patterns from the time and even the fabrics commonly used. You can buy one high-quality dress, take care of it, and it will last you forever. This site is essential if you like true vintage clothing, not just that 1950s look.
2. Lindy Bop ($-$$) This is a very affordable brand that comes in sizes XXS-6XL and has a wide variety of decade inspirations. Their Swing & Jive dresses are very 1940s. I also found 1930s influences in their Jumpsuits & Playsuits, 1960s looks in the Wiggle/Pencil dresses, and so on. Definitely check this place out! Super cute patterns and prints as well.
3. Shabby Apple ($$$) Shabby Apple was one of the first brands I came across that offered high-quality, unique items. Some pieces would fit right into a catalogue from the 1940s or 50s, etc. And many borrow concepts from the past and blend them with modern ideas. I really like that. They also offer a rewards program, which is especially nice with a pricier brand.
4. Queen Of Hearts ($$$) What I like about them is the range they have. I can find clothes fairly accurate to specific decades. I love that. They’re definitely on the pricey side as well, but again I think it’s worth it. Their sizes run from XS-4XL so everyone will be able to find super cute clothes that fit!
5. Collectif ($-$$) This U.K. brand is pretty affordable, with diverse collections. You can find sweet floral-print 40s day dresses, 1960s mini-skirts, and everything in between. Great, affordable prices for the quality! There’s tons of accessories to choose from: hats, belts, scarves, jewelry, etc. They have some modern pieces as well, such as bohemian maxi dresses, and modern playsuits. If you live in the States, the prices will be a little bit higher, but not too much. There’s something very sassy about their designs!
How about you guys? I’d love to hear what your favorite vintage-inspired brands are! Please share. ❤
I am not affiliated with any of these brands. These are my own personal opinions.